I wanted to chat with you today about sugaring for men. The truth is that men have very good reasons to sugar.
Stop the suffering! Come and visit me in my Didsbury spa that has all of the resources needed to help you. Sugaring is long lasting, relatively painless and a far better alternative that waxing, shaving or ignoring the problem. Leave the pain, itch and embarrassment behind. This is about grooming. This is about being pain-free! This is about enjoying your life and being proud of how you look!
Our wonderful Open House is over now. I am looking forward to our next big event-the Didsbury Art, Travel and Trade Show on April 7th and 8th. I will be ready and willing to answer any questions you may have about sugaring.
I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying being able to spend some time in Didsbury. Larry and I are so enjoying the pace and mellow atmosphere of Didsbury. The people here are smiling, happy and genuine. It is everything we hoped it would be.
My spa hours in Didsbury have changed. I am now open Fridays and Saturdaysl
I am looking forward to meeting even more of the wonderful people in Didsbury!
I am thrilled to announce that we are hosting an open house at our new Didsbury location.
Please join me at our new Didsbury location’s (2409 16 St) Open House on January 27thfrom 1:00-4:00 p.m. Click here to see the flyer. Our Beauty Depot representative will be coming to answer any questions you may have about our Cara Skin Line products and will be demoing the skin care lines. We will be charging $20.00 for a mini facial credited toward the purchase of Cara Skin Line products.
Book early as we only have time for 16 facials. http://ahhtobe.genbook.com
Like and share our Facebook and Instagram pages to win a Starbuck’s gift certificate!
If you visit us during the Open House and book an appointment, you will receive 15% off a service of your choice. This offer will be valid until February 14th.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I wanted to chat with you today about a very important topic. I feel very passionate about this as I have seen a lot of suffering come from it.
Sometimes a client will come to me and she has used an exfoliation glove on her pelvis. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Not only has the very sensitive skin on the pelvis become red, raw and irritated, this causes painful and unsightly ingrown hairs.
I want you to know three important points that will prevent this:
1. Sugaring Exfoliates Skin
That's right. If you have been sugared, you don't need to exfoliate!!!
2. Microdermabrasion Can Remove Those Ingrown Hairs
Microdermabrasion is very effective when it comes to treating and dealing with those bumpy and sometimes sore ingrown hairs.
3. Essential Oils
Every treatment is followed by the application of essential oils. These oils protect and care for that sensitive region. Using these oils ensures that your skin looks beautiful and stays healthy!
Want to know more? Watch my short video below!
For my first blog post I thought I would deal with THE question that I am asked so very often.
Should I sugar or should I wax? Yes both of these procedures remove body hair. My years 0f experience sugaring have convinced me that there are many reasons why sugaring is a better alternative than waxing.
1. Sugaring uses natural materials-sugar, lemon juice and water. The wax used in waxing may have additives or artificial ingredients that skin (especially skin in sensitive areas) may react to. For some people waxing may mean an allergic reaction, rashes, itchiness and the like. Sugaring's natural ingredients are far less likely to cause irritation. Sugaring paste also rinses off easily. I also offer my own line of oils to ensure that your skin stays happy!
2. There is less pain with sugaring than waxing. Yes-you read right. Sugaring is a less painful method of hair removal. Wax attaches itself to live skin cells and pulls those cells off along with the hair. Ouch!!! Sugaring removes dead skin cells leaving your healthy skin cells right where they should be-attached to you! I have had clients come to me with painful in-grown hairs and raw skin as a result of waxing. Once they have been sugared they never go back to waxing.
3. Sugaring is never hot. The sugar paste needs only to be warm-not hot. Wax needs to be kept at a hotter temperature. You will not be burned with sugaring I promise you that.
4. Sugaring generally lasts longer than waxing. The reason for this is the way that sugar is removed compared to waxing. Waxing is applied in the direction of hair growth and taken off in the opposite direction. Sugaring is removed through a flick in the direction of hair growth. You can see why this approach means less pain. Many of my clients have also found that regular sugaring has resulted in less hair growing back!
It's really a simple decision. Sensitive skin and sensitive areas deserve and need to treated with care. Sugaring does that. Healthy skin still has sensitive areas and sugaring helps skin stay healthy. Really-no matter how sensitive your skin is-you owe it to yourself to sugar!