Facial hair on women. Yes it is a fact and is far more common than you might imagine.
If you have facial hair, know that you are not the only one! Many women have hair on their lips, their chins, their cheeks and even their foreheads. The good news is that it can be dealt with through sugaring. The bad news is that some women turn to shaving in an effort to rid themselves of facial hair.
Never, never shave the hair on your face. The skin on your face is very sensitive. Shaving causes the skin to thicken and lose its natural softness. Shaving also has the unfortunate side effect of making the hair grow back thicker! The roots grow deeper and the facial hair actually becomes more established. If a woman has been shaving for a long time, it can take several treatments to restore her face to a more beautiful state because of these deep roots. Don't be discouraged though-it can be done!
Sugaring is the answer to this problem. All of those wonderful consequences of sugaring happen:
Don't be shy. Come visit me soon and we will get rid of that embarrassing hair. Remember-you are not alone. I have helped many women deal with unwanted facial hair. Let's get started revealing your beautiful face.
Today I wanted to share some thoughts about body sugaring and teens.
I have a number of teens coming to see me (with their mothers' permission of course).
I would say that it is really better if the client is at least 12 years of age. There are many reasons that teens are interested in body sugaring. Sometimes it is simply that they wish to look their best. Sometimes they are being bullied over excess body hair.
Why Would a Teen be Interested in Body Sugaring?
Teenagers are treated with the utmost respect and care in my spa. I only sugar what the teen is comfortable with and, of course, teenagers can stop the treatment at any time if they feel uncomfortable. Teenagers like to look their best. Self-worth and self-esteem are based on much more than appearance of course. Body sugaring, though, just may give teens that little boost of confidence that can be a step in feeling better about themselves. For some teens, it is absolutely transformative!
I am thinking about skin care and acne today. There are so many "old wives" tales about the treatment of acne. I want to set the record straight.
1. Washing more will clear up acne. Wrong! Cleansing your skin more in an effort to get rid of acne actually strips skin of its natural oils. The skin on your face goes into distress. Dryness increases. Irritation increases. This approach can actually provoke an outbreak!
2. Cleansing your face with alcohol or an alcohol-based cleanser will get rid of acne. Wrong! I'm afraid it is the same story as washing. It does not work. Alcohol dries out the skin which causes irritation which causes break outs!
You should use a cleanser that is ph-balanced. We carry Cara Glyco 10 as part of Ahh to be Sugared's skin care products that I can recommend as a great ph-balanced cleanser.
3. Popping pimples will make them go away. Wrong! Oh I know-this is so hard to resist but it really doesn't work. Popping acne can introduce bacteria, push dead skin cells into the opening and lead to scarring.
If you are troubled by acne, have you considered microdermabrasion? Ahh to be Sugared offers a new procedure that addresses acne through a form of skin resurfacing. Many clients find that this process can reduce large pores. minimize small scars and eliminate sebaceous micro-cysts and commodores.
My commitment is to help you look your best and keep your skin healthy! If you have more questions about microdermabrasion and its role in reducing acne, please come see me so we can discuss the options that will work for you!
I wanted to chat with you today about sugaring for men. The truth is that men have very good reasons to sugar.
Stop the suffering! Come and visit me in my Didsbury spa that has all of the resources needed to help you. Sugaring is long lasting, relatively painless and a far better alternative that waxing, shaving or ignoring the problem. Leave the pain, itch and embarrassment behind. This is about grooming. This is about being pain-free! This is about enjoying your life and being proud of how you look!
Our wonderful Open House is over now. I am looking forward to our next big event-the Didsbury Art, Travel and Trade Show on April 7th and 8th. I will be ready and willing to answer any questions you may have about sugaring.
I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying being able to spend some time in Didsbury. Larry and I are so enjoying the pace and mellow atmosphere of Didsbury. The people here are smiling, happy and genuine. It is everything we hoped it would be.
My spa hours in Didsbury have changed. I am now open Fridays and Saturdaysl
I am looking forward to meeting even more of the wonderful people in Didsbury!
I am thrilled to announce that we are hosting an open house at our new Didsbury location.
Please join me at our new Didsbury location’s (2409 16 St) Open House on January 27thfrom 1:00-4:00 p.m. Click here to see the flyer. Our Beauty Depot representative will be coming to answer any questions you may have about our Cara Skin Line products and will be demoing the skin care lines. We will be charging $20.00 for a mini facial credited toward the purchase of Cara Skin Line products.
Book early as we only have time for 16 facials. http://ahhtobe.genbook.com
Like and share our Facebook and Instagram pages to win a Starbuck’s gift certificate!
If you visit us during the Open House and book an appointment, you will receive 15% off a service of your choice. This offer will be valid until February 14th.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I wanted to chat with you today about a very important topic. I feel very passionate about this as I have seen a lot of suffering come from it.
Sometimes a client will come to me and she has used an exfoliation glove on her pelvis. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Not only has the very sensitive skin on the pelvis become red, raw and irritated, this causes painful and unsightly ingrown hairs.
I want you to know three important points that will prevent this:
1. Sugaring Exfoliates Skin
That's right. If you have been sugared, you don't need to exfoliate!!!
2. Microdermabrasion Can Remove Those Ingrown Hairs
Microdermabrasion is very effective when it comes to treating and dealing with those bumpy and sometimes sore ingrown hairs.
3. Essential Oils
Every treatment is followed by the application of essential oils. These oils protect and care for that sensitive region. Using these oils ensures that your skin looks beautiful and stays healthy!
Want to know more? Watch my short video below!
For my first blog post I thought I would deal with THE question that I am asked so very often.
Should I sugar or should I wax? Yes both of these procedures remove body hair. My years 0f experience sugaring have convinced me that there are many reasons why sugaring is a better alternative than waxing.
1. Sugaring uses natural materials-sugar, lemon juice and water. The wax used in waxing may have additives or artificial ingredients that skin (especially skin in sensitive areas) may react to. For some people waxing may mean an allergic reaction, rashes, itchiness and the like. Sugaring's natural ingredients are far less likely to cause irritation. Sugaring paste also rinses off easily. I also offer my own line of oils to ensure that your skin stays happy!
2. There is less pain with sugaring than waxing. Yes-you read right. Sugaring is a less painful method of hair removal. Wax attaches itself to live skin cells and pulls those cells off along with the hair. Ouch!!! Sugaring removes dead skin cells leaving your healthy skin cells right where they should be-attached to you! I have had clients come to me with painful in-grown hairs and raw skin as a result of waxing. Once they have been sugared they never go back to waxing.
3. Sugaring is never hot. The sugar paste needs only to be warm-not hot. Wax needs to be kept at a hotter temperature. You will not be burned with sugaring I promise you that.
4. Sugaring generally lasts longer than waxing. The reason for this is the way that sugar is removed compared to waxing. Waxing is applied in the direction of hair growth and taken off in the opposite direction. Sugaring is removed through a flick in the direction of hair growth. You can see why this approach means less pain. Many of my clients have also found that regular sugaring has resulted in less hair growing back!
It's really a simple decision. Sensitive skin and sensitive areas deserve and need to treated with care. Sugaring does that. Healthy skin still has sensitive areas and sugaring helps skin stay healthy. Really-no matter how sensitive your skin is-you owe it to yourself to sugar!